Orangewhoopass.com Forums
April 17, 2014, 05:17:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rangers on 77 and espn i  (Read 1122 times)
Fredia
Pope

kathy number one fan

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

i need some mac and cheese so not fair

one day at a time
Gizzmonic
Key Member of the Conspiracy

Space City Carbohydrate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »

San Antonio and Austin Time Warner people need to make their presence felt.

Time Warner has been my cable provider and ISP for almost my entire adult life.  I just ditched them because they aren't carrying the Astros.  I made that very clear to them.  Cable has much more bandwidth available and there's no excuse why they can't run the Rangers, Astros, and Spurs at the same time.

Welcome to Space
The Space between my ears
It's cold and empty
and nothin' lives too long up here
Matt

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »

Time Warner has been my cable provider and ISP for almost my entire adult life.  I just ditched them because they aren't carrying the Astros.  I made that very clear to them.  Cable has much more bandwidth available and there's no excuse why they can't run the Rangers, Astros, and Spurs at the same time.

In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.
Mr. Happy
Fantasy Team Owner
Illuminati

It's a beautiful day; let's play two

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »

In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.

That's just **too** easy. You see, the cable companies enjoy fucking with their customers, which is why I have DirecTV.

God is on the side with the heaviest artillery. Napoleon

You see, you spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball, and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. Jim Bouton
Ebby Calvin
Contributor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »

On Uverse (in Houston) I get FS-Southwest and FS-Dallas, so Astros and Rangers are often run simultaneously.  That it's not offered state-wide is pretty lame.

Don't think twice, it's alright.
Limey
Contributor
High Order of the Ferret

Tally Ho!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:04 AM »

On Uverse (in Houston) I get FS-Southwest and FS-Dallas, so Astros and Rangers are often run simultaneously.  That it's not offered state-wide is pretty lame.

Statewide?  Shit.  U-Verse isn't even offered citywide.

To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.
Gizzmonic

Space City Carbohydrate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »

In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.

They need to save bandwidth for 50 different home shopping/religious channels.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:06:45 PM by Gizzmonic » Logged

Welcome to Space
The Space between my ears
It's cold and empty
and nothin' lives too long up here
MRaup
Fantasy Team Owner
Pope

The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

I have the same choices in Austin.

"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das
94CougarGrad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »

I miss U-verse. DirecTv ain't been too bad to us, but U-verse had a crazy amount of channels (I could watch the Coogs and the Astros virtually anytime they played) and damn near unlimited dvr-ing.

And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand
BizidyDizidy
Pope

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »

I miss U-verse. DirecTv ain't been too bad to us, but U-verse had a crazy amount of channels (I could watch the Coogs and the Astros virtually anytime they played) and damn near unlimited dvr-ing.

When don't you get the stros in Denton?

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles
94CougarGrad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »

When don't you get the stros in Denton?

Getting the Astros on the tube isn't as much of an issue now as getting the Coogs is. Or the Rockets. I almost always get the Astros on tv, but every once in a while we suffer from "There's Another Baseball Team in Texas Besides the Rangers?"-itis.

Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand
BizidyDizidy
Pope

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »

Getting the Astros on the tube isn't as much of an issue now as getting the Coogs is. Or the Rockets. I almost always get the Astros on tv, but every once in a while we suffer from "There's Another Baseball Team in Texas Besides the Rangers?"-itis.

For the coogs, my guess is if you spring for sportspack you could get most if notall. Prob only 30-40 bucks a year to add for football season.

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles
94CougarGrad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »

Maybe for this year, but last year, not many of their games were offered, even with the sports pack. This year, I'm wondering if last year's record will earn them a few extra tv slots, or if the offensive changes will relegate us back to... not earning a few extra tv slots.

ValpoCory
Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »

Maybe they called.  Astros on 1639 HD.  Rangers on 77.
drew corleone
Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »

I sent a strongly worded email to TWC. You're all welcome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: